"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn

"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn
it's a jungle out there

Friday, May 29, 2009

Meat eaters

cc: in medispeak this stands for chief complaint... the reason for the office visit

So today, I pick up a chart and see...

cc: attacked by mosquitoes while hunting this weekend




???... hmm... are you kidding me???
am I the only one who sees something odd about this?

Don't get me wrong. I don't particularly have an issue with hunting... it's just not my cup of tea

And I'm not a vegetarian. I definitely enjoy a burger now and again. 
Especially when it's pastured organic abattoir-slaughtered Amish cow meat labeled 
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
                                                 
kiss my meat eating ass, USDA




However, if you're sixteen, and hunting, or if you're the mother of a sixteen year old hunter, and you, or your son, get attacked by mosquitoes while hunting, my advice to you is 

SUCK IT UP like those mosquitoes did 
or
SHOOT THEM WITH YOUR BAZOOKA
or 

something... but don't bug me about it


I would have included a hunting pict, but the Google images were ENTIRELY too disturbing

9 comments:

  1. wtf?

    seriously?

    so, did the dear, or moose, or pheasant go to their dr. michelle and report being attacked by homo sapiens with rifles on their hunting trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have seen the "patient" and charged him $500 for a bottle of Calamine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's what true said! which doesn't exactly bode well for laura....

    ReplyDelete
  4. my word verification was 'recon'...as in hunting...as in mosquitoes hunting innocent 16 year old n.r.a. members...

    ReplyDelete
  5. waiting waiting waiting for more. hat are you doing, raising three kids or something?

    perhaps you are simply a puddle on the floor of isle seven..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Michelle is taking care of more hunting children back at the office. I have a facebook friend who I knew way back when and every picture of him is standing on the head of some dead animal. Even more disturbingly is that he lives in Botswana and the bigger his grin, the more endangered the animal was/(is now).

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have come to your blog via Laura at Piece of Cake...of course this entry cracks me up, as we lived in Alaska for 12 years where you can be picked up and carried away by mosquitoes...but mostly we just sucked it up!

    "Attacked by MOSQUITOES!" this just throws me for a loop...could you just see these vindictive little no good bugs in a cartoon fashion coming after you!

    ReplyDelete

so... wadaya think?

Your fairy is called Columbine Icedancer
She is a bone chilling bringer of justice for the vulnerable.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has icy blue butterfly wings.