"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn

"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn
it's a jungle out there

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kim Update and Other Sundry Loose Ends


I'm really bad at finishing things kinda like this post.
I start projects all the time and get almost but never quite done.

It's been 4 years and my pink and purple house is only 75% painted. Inside and out.

I started a handmade quilt while trying to get pregnant with Jack.
think Like Water for Chocolate.
It's balled up in the bottom of my closet not. quite. finished.

3 or 4 years ago I told my mom I'd recover seats of her dining room chairs.
No biggie. Just scissors and a staple gun. I think I got 5 done.
I promised Sister Halona I'd finish the rest so we have somewhere to put our tushes on Thanksgiving. We'll see about that...

My Ganesh tattoo is finished. But all I had to do was lie down and open my wallet.
Does that sound dirty?
I still haven't posted picts. I will.
I wish it was still warm and I didn't have to cover it up all the time. I love it.

Cultural Sensitivity: A 3 Part Series only has 2 parts.
And that's probably the way it will stay.

I did see Toothless Mom of 6 yesterday with 4 of her kids and since I'm in a place of more compassion with myself and therefore the Universe my Grinch Butt isn't so big these days. Or small.

You know what I mean.

And Kim.

I've been wanting to write about Kim for months now.
But like I said, I'm not so good at finishing things.

Kim is kicking butt. She started a blog and a website.
She's fund raising and granting wishes.

She does NOT give up when things get tough.
She does NOT leave half finished projects on the bottom of her closet floor.
Nothing is 75%.

She does NOT defer her dreams. Kim does NOT like raisins.

If you are shopping online this season, click on the iGive button over on my sidebar.
Lots of major vendors will donate a percent of your purchase to the charity of your choice. Easy Peasy. And it costs you nothing but a few extra clicks.

So. Go visit. Check Kim out. Leave some good love.


6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the tattoo picture. I'm so deep, of all you talked about in this post, that's the part I comment on.

    I love you. Happy "Rape of the Native Americans" Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a scarf upstairs which I nearly finished knitting. I started it with my granny. My grandfather was looking on telling us not to bother "because I'd never finish it anyway." I got so close to finishing, just needed one more bit of help from my granny. Somehow I never asked her. They are both dead now. I have to either finish it or throw it out. I can't just have it sitting there for too many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not good at finishing things either. I may or may not finish a master's degree in 10 days.

    We've had some families this week that make me feel a bit Grinch-buttish.

    Hope your holiday is lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movie is full of shit. She'll be finished in 10 days. Easy Peasy.

    I have a good excuse for not finishing things. I'm an Aries. Enough Said.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, thanks for an unfinished life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right; Kim's awesome. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

so... wadaya think?

Your fairy is called Columbine Icedancer
She is a bone chilling bringer of justice for the vulnerable.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has icy blue butterfly wings.