"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn

"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn
it's a jungle out there

Friday, June 19, 2009

friday fragments



Friday Fragments courtesy of Mrs. 4444


mommy look at my snot she shows me a soggy folded tissue. 
no Mia, it's ok, I don't have to see 
no really mommy look, see here, and here. please mommy look and see
ok honey. she unfolds the soggy tissue blek good job honey 
I'm the Snot Master so proud

So when Mia was 4, she tromped into the kitchen 
mommy, do you want to come to Mexico with me and Ty? 
Mexico? Like the Mexico you take a plane to?
No, mommy. The Mexico you drive the van to.
hmmm... is it hot in this Mexico?
yes, mommy
and are there blue skies and blue water?
yes, mommy
and chips and salsa? I refrained from asking about Coronas with lime
yes, mommy she puts her hand on her hip and raises her eyebrows. There are even cute boys what can rub your feet
where did she come from?

It's raining again. It's rained like 18 out of the last 21 days. And when it's not raining, it's cloudy. Every morning I look at the mountain and it's covered in foggy clouds. I can't wake up. I've had a sinus headache for 3 weeks. It's not at all supposed to be like this here at this time of year. Jack said it feels like we're living in Forks. I think so many people are reading that damned Twilight series they're we're conjuring weather.

One more week left. Just half days. Jack is finishing his 6th grade finals. How do I have a 6th grader who takes finals? How did that happen?


8 comments:

  1. OH, please send us some rain. We're not quite in a drought, but we're "parched." http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/dry_spell_leaves_south_louisia.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I'm wondering where you live. Washington State? Probably not Hawaii (I've heard it rains daily there.) And I know Mexico'SNOT possible....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my youngest daughter was about four, she liked to wear this scarf on her head and she would say, "This is what we wear in MY ancient land."
    One time I asked her, "Honey, what IS your ancient land?" She looked right at me and said, "MexiMO City!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day two of sunshine here, after about the same weather as you are having there. I feel like I am being re-birthed, and I hope you will soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snot story is so cute...I've been the snot master lately. The mornings are the worst!

    I hope the sun comes your way soon, totally cracked me up with your Twilight reference! Better rain than the Voltori! haha!

    Great frags! I really enjoyed reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take some blue water, some chips and one boy to rub my feet, please! I had to read this out loud to my hunny because it cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *had* a sixth grader who took finals this year too (now that it's officially summer she's a 7th grader now, or that's what she said.) Anyway, I can totally relate--when did this kid grow up. Enjoyed your FF's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you post the snot? I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete

so... wadaya think?

Your fairy is called Columbine Icedancer
She is a bone chilling bringer of justice for the vulnerable.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has icy blue butterfly wings.