"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn

"ignore the story. see the soul. remember to love. you will never regret it" --- Seane Corn
it's a jungle out there

Monday, June 15, 2009

Countdown to summer

Oh my god, I can't wait for school to end. Other moms are panicking about filling up the time without emptying the bank account, and what to do for all those endless hours rolling into endless days.  Me? I might as well be my 6th grader counting the minutes till the torture is over. 

This is my problem with school. It doesn't matter what time they wake up, we're still always late. It's not such an issue unless I need to be in the office at 9. Seems like on the days I have to work, Mia forgets how to dress herself. Mind you, she's been choosing her own clothes since she was 2. But nope, not on Mondays and not on Fridays. On Mondays and Fridays she lolls around on my bed, not motivated to wear anythingMommy I can't choose I can't decide I don't know what to wear. As I offer shirts, blouses, skirts, pants I get no no no no  too short  too long  too hot  doesn't match  nope. School rule--skirt hems need to hang below the fingertips. So since she's 6 feet tall and weighs 40 pounds and has her mother's monkey arms, nothing falls below her fingertips. Any skirt that fits her in the waist, only makes it as far as her wrists. If it's long enough, it's so big around that it takes 3 safety pins to keep from falling down mommy it makes me look fat are you kidding me???
While I search through her drawers Mia you have more clothes than the rest of us put together she's standing on her bed with her arms over her head singing into the mirror
I got that boom boom pow


And sleepy-head-like-the-dead Ty, no matter how many times I wake him up Ty you smell you have to get into the shower just lies in bed and stares at the ceiling, then looks at his clock, then stares at the ceiling again. Sleepy Ty. Drags out of bed mommy I only have one sock. I only like these socks I don't like the others but I can only find one. How is it that I can buy a nine pack of socks and 3 days later he only has ONE? Now I'm digging through the 4 baskets of clean but STILL unfolded clothes, STILL searching for something to make Mia happy and another sock ok mommy this shirt but not those bottoms. I hear thwack thwack thwack from another room Ty stop bouncing that ball and GET IN THE SHOWER right... cause it's 8:09 and we need to get in the car at 8:20 if there's any chance in hell that I'm going to get to the office by 9. Clearly that's not happening today because now it's 8:23 and by some miracle Ty is showered and dressed and has two socks on and I'm yelling get in the car get in the car and Mia announces I gotta poop. My long legged beauty poops like a man and takes twice as long. By the time everyone's in the car, I'm sweating and cursing and I've forgotten my lunch on the kitchen counter next to my desperately needed third cup of coffee. 

Yeah, so I can't wait until school ends. Peaceful mornings when everyone can stay in bed and lounge in their pajamas and bounce balls and maybe I can get to work on time without yelling too much before sunrise, or at least before my third cup of coffee.

4 comments:

  1. You got it exactly right- a mother's morning. I remember those days. I remember. Especially that sock thing. WHERE DO THEY GO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, I know...I really do. I love the mornings when the baby sleeps in so I have an EXCUSE to make the older sibs watch him so I don't have to fight him to get DRESSED already to get him to daycare on time so Ican be at work at 8:00. I, too, love summer for that reason alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, ive got a "I gotta poop" at the most inconvienent of times girl too. AND, she'll sit there like a man for like 20 mins. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your boom boom pow is a WILD one!

    ReplyDelete

so... wadaya think?

Your fairy is called Columbine Icedancer
She is a bone chilling bringer of justice for the vulnerable.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has icy blue butterfly wings.